We are seeking a part-time Systems Administrator to assist in the management and maintenance of our company’s IT systems. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the availability, reliability, and security of our systems, as well as providing technical support to internal users. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, experience with systems administration, and the ability to work independently.
- Manage and maintain the company’s IT infrastructure, including servers, workstations, and network devices
- Monitor system performance and proactively identify and resolve issues
- Ensure the availability and security of data and systems
- Install, configure, and maintain software and hardware components
- Perform regular system backups and disaster recovery procedures
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network issues
- Provide technical support to internal users, including account management, email support, and system access requests
- Develop and maintain system documentation and procedures
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and best practices in systems administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in systems administration or a related field
- Strong technical skills, including experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, virtualization technologies, and network protocols
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and common vulnerabilities
- Experience with server hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- Availability to work part-time hours, with the possibility of occasional on-call support outside of regular business hours
Location: St. Louis, MO
The position is remote, but applicant must be a resident of Missouri and have the ability to travel to Chesterfield periodically.
Unidev is an experienced female owned and operated IT consulting firm that provides custom software development, mobile app development, and staff augmentation services for clients across the country. Operating under the values of humanity, integrity, perseverance, and joy, Unidev helps people and businesses achieve their full potential through intentional and intelligent teamwork.
Unidev is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
To apply, submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.